Gladius for a Gladiator

Gladius for a Gladiator will be my very first Unity3D game. I've been experimenting with Unity3D for about 7-8 months by now, and wanted to really make a game.

The models in this game will be produced in Blender, and textured in Photoshop CS5. I'm not doing this alone, there are a few other people helping me with Gladius for a Gladiator.


I started this blog to raise money to invest in the game, hope you will donate!

Gladius

Gladius

Saving and Loading, why are you so difficult?!

You can now save and load Gladius for a Gladiator. The save and load buttons can be found under the options menu. There is currently only one save file possible, but possibly multiple slots will be implemented in the future.

It wasn't easy to save and load my game. Apperantly Unity3D does not support saving and loading by default and does not have a built-in save( ); or load( ); function. If you think Unity needs to add this, give some votes on the Unity Feedback page!

Luckily I found a free package on the internet, on whydoidoit.com, this package saved me tons of time and was pretty easy to learn. The package was easy to work with and works quickly without performance spikes. Besides, I can now easily tell through the editor which objects to save.

All Items to be saved have a save icon behind them


Thank you whydoidoit.com for the fantastic package!

No comments: