Gladius for a Gladiator

Gladius for a Gladiator will be my very first Unity3D game. I've been experimenting with Unity3D for about 7-8 months by now, and wanted to really make a game.

The models in this game will be produced in Blender, and textured in Photoshop CS5. I'm not doing this alone, there are a few other people helping me with Gladius for a Gladiator.


I started this blog to raise money to invest in the game, hope you will donate!

Gladius

Gladius

Awesome concept art

I am very happy to announce that we have a new member for our group working on Gladius for a Gladiator!

I met Sakikatana, real name Annie, on the Reddit, a social networking service, where she posted this digital drawing she made of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It looked so cool that I wanted her to join my project. I sent her an email to ask if she was willing to join the project, and she said she will.

Annie's first assignment was to make a digital drawing of the busy street of Salernum, a city near Pompeii. I sent her many reference images for a historically accurate result. After a while she sent me a photo of her early progress.

Early progress


It looked great, and I really liked the style of the drawing, but some things did not fit for this age of play. For example, the door of the left building should not be there. She brushed away the few things that were wrong and sent me a new image again.

Sakikatana brushed away the flaws and added some color
The second image looked even better than the one I saw on reddit.com, and was colored in. The facial expressions of the people looked fantastic and the overall hue of the painting really impressed me.

After a few days, the painting was completely done, and Annie and I are satisfied with the result. It looks stunning.

A busy day in Salernum - Annie Wang

No comments: