Gladius for a Gladiator

Gladius for a Gladiator will be my very first Unity3D game. I've been experimenting with Unity3D for about 7-8 months by now, and wanted to really make a game.

The models in this game will be produced in Blender, and textured in Photoshop CS5. I'm not doing this alone, there are a few other people helping me with Gladius for a Gladiator.


I started this blog to raise money to invest in the game, hope you will donate!

Gladius

Gladius

How the f*ck do I script a Dialog System?

To talk with the NPC's in Gladius for a Gladiator, I needed a dialog system. When I was brainstorming to get this dialog system done, I realized there's no simple solution for this.

The dialog system needed to be simple to handle, preferably with nodes, and costumisable with a GUI Skin.

But luckily I found a good solution for my problem, right on the internet.
This talking system is everything I need, and even more!




It is very very easy to handle and it works with nodes. You can give answers, modify variables and let someone say some text, and then put your own script after that.



You can find this Dialog System here

2 comments:

AidTech said...

Well, this system isn't so good :) You can't translate your game to multiple languages, you can't really make custom GUI. Also, extending this is a PAIN and it is writen in javascript.

I have programmed my own dialog system, it's multilingual, I can extend it how I want, I can make 3D, 2D and what so ever controllers, because I simply know what does what :)
So, just make your own, it is not hard, I've actually inspired from this dialog system :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am an author of this extension (Dialogical):

http://u3d.as/kY0

If you don't mind spending a few bucks it should satisfy all your needs. Dialogue systems like this would take a lot of time to develop in-house, that you could spend making your game.